Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dollar General Store - one of my favorites!

Last evening, I spent over 2 hours in my local Wally-world on a coupon shopping trip.  Whew, was that exhausting.  Now that's not to say that I didn't have a successful shopping trip, but I just can't do that too often.  My feet hurt and I was tired! 

If I want to make more of a 'get in and get out' quick shopping trip, I really like Dollar General.***  Besides, the smaller set up, there are several products that either I can only get at Dollar General or are a really great bargain, in my opinion.  For instance, my very favorite laundry detergent is Oxydol and the only place I can find it is at Dollar General.  OXYDOL - I need more coupons!!  I also use Kiss brand glue-on, French Tip nails.  I like to have nice looking fingernails, but I cannot afford to go to the nail salon on a continuing basis to have them done.  At DG, I can buy the package for $2.50 + $1.50 for the nail glue and this will last me about 2 weeks.  So I spend $4 about every 2 weeks vs. $25+ every week. I also like many of DG's Clover Valley brand products.  I especially like their cream soups.  I use Cream of Celery, Mushroom, and Chicken in lots of recipes.  These are 60 to 65 cents each vs. over $1 per can for name brands or other store brands.  I have also recently found that I LOVE their Bobbie Brooks jeans!  I like the style, the sizing, and the price (about $12).  This was a brand that was very popular when I was in high school....way, way back when.  : )

If you haven't tried Dollar General, I suggest you give it a try.  Check out their website for several different offers.  Sign up for their email notifications.  One of their really great offers is $5 off $25 Coupons on some Saturdays.  You can either get that coupon through their website or printed on the bottom of their register receipts.  Combine that with coupons and already low prices, and you have a great deal!

****Note to Dollar General:  I really do not like the condition of my local store!  It is dirty, cramped, crowded, and the air conditioning has NOT worked for several summers in a row.  No wonder you can't get or keep good workers there!  I prefer to shop at the newer, cleaner, better organized DG  stores located in other towns near me.  I do shop locally quite often, but usually come out angry about the temperature, sound level of music played on the radio, and the employees talking/texting on their phones while at the register or stocking shelves.  I voice these complaints EVERY time I get a register receipt with the survey option.  Is any body at DG listening?   Momma Bee gets a little cranky about stuff like that. 

BUT BACK TO THE POSITIVE THINGS about DG.  Here are specific links to the GOOD stuff.

http://www.dollargeneral.com/coupons/Pages/index.aspx Lysol, Rexall, Prevacid, & Dr. Scholl’s product coupons posted right now.  The one for $2 off any Rexall pain or stomach medication of $3 or more is a good deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment